Church of L'Ospedalletto
The façade of the church.
|Hours of Operation|
|Cost of Admission|
The Chiesa S. Maria Assunta dei Derelitti, or L'Ospedalletto as it is locally known, was founded in the year 1527 and is a Catholic church.
Founded in the 16th century, this church was nicknamed Ospedaletto, or small hospital, as it was one of the four Venetian hospitals. Renovations were slow to occur due to a lack of funds, but work was completed in the 17th century. In the 19th century, the hospital was converted to elderly housing.
Structure of Building
There is no bell tower associated with this church.
The image below depicts the floor plan of L'Ospedalletto, including the location of the Church Floor Artifacts.
- ↑ Lorenzetti, Giulio. “Venice and its Lagoon: Historical-Artistic Guide” Edizoni LINT S.R.L. Italy. 1994.
- ↑ Cotton, Jeff. “Churches of Venice” 2012. http://churchesofvenice.co.uk/index.htm