Church of La Croce
The façade of the church.
|Hours of Operation|
|Cost of Admission|
The Chiesa della Croce, or La Croce as it is locally known, was founded in the year 1508 and is a Catholic church.
Chiesa della Croce was completed in the 13th century, and then rebuilt in 1511 with a Tuscan style façade. The church and convent were built adjacent to the famous Eden Garden, once the property of the Greek Princess Aspasia. In 1806, the nuns of the convent moved to the Church of San Zaccaria and the church has since fallen into disrepair.
Structure of Building
There is no bell tower associated with this church.
- ↑ Lorenzetti, Giulio. “Venice and its Lagoon: Historical-Artistic Guide” Edizoni LINT S.R.L. Italy. 1994.
- ↑ Cotton, Jeff. “Churches of Venice” 2012. http://churchesofvenice.co.uk/index.htm