Church of La Fava
The façade of the church.
|Hours of Operation|
|Cost of Admission|
The Chiesa di S. Maria della Consolazione, or La Fava as it is locally known, was founded in the year 1400 and is a Catholic church.
This church was first founded in the 15th century as a small chapel. In the 18th century the church was enlarged and rebuild by the Oratorians. The construction took several years and the façade was never completed. At the beginning of the 20th century, the church was given to the Redemptorist Fathers.
Structure of Building
The image below depicts the floor plan of La Fava, including the location of the Church Floor Artifacts.
- ↑ Lorenzetti, Giulio. “Venice and its Lagoon: Historical-Artistic Guide” Edizoni LINT S.R.L. Italy. 1994.
- ↑ Cotton, Jeff. “Churches of Venice” 2012. http://churchesofvenice.co.uk/index.htm