Church of La Maddalena
The façade of the church.
|Hours of Operation|
|Cost of Admission|
The Chiesa di S. Maria Maddalena, or La Maddalena as it is locally known, was founded in the year 1222 and is a Catholic church.
The Baffo family first built Santa Maria Maddalena in the 13th century. It was rebuilt in the mid-18th century in the neoclassical design that remains today. The church was modeled after the Pantheon in Rome, with a circular outside and hexagonal interior. The church was closed by Napoleon in 1810, and later reopened as an oratory.
Structure of Building
The image below depicts the floor plan of La Maddalena, including the location of the Church Floor Artifacts.
- ↑ Lorenzetti, Giulio. “Venice and its Lagoon: Historical-Artistic Guide” Edizoni LINT S.R.L. Italy. 1994.
- ↑ Cotton, Jeff. “Churches of Venice” 2012. http://churchesofvenice.co.uk/index.htm