Church of Le Cappuccine
The façade of the church.
|Hours of Operation|
|Cost of Admission|
The Chiesa di S. Maria Madre del Redentore, or Le Cappuccine as it is locally known, was founded in the year 1623 and is a Catholic church.
Consecrated in 1623, the Church of Santa Maria dei Redentore was founded with a convent of Capuchin nuns. The nuns remained on the property until 1911, when the convent was suppressed. While the convent itself is no longer standing, it has been replaced with a school. While the church was founded by Capuchin's there is a Franciscan coat of arms carved on the exterior of the building, to the right of the entrance.
Structure of Building
The image below depicts the floor plan of Le Cappuccine, including the location of the Church Floor Artifacts.
- ↑ Lorenzetti, Giulio. “Venice and its Lagoon: Historical-Artistic Guide” Edizoni LINT S.R.L. Italy. 1994.
- ↑ Cotton, Jeff. “Churches of Venice” 2012. http://churchesofvenice.co.uk/index.htm