Church of Le Romite
The façade of the church.
|Hours of Operation|
|Cost of Admission|
The Chiesa delle Eremitane, or Le Romite as it is locally known, was founded in the year 1693 and is a Catholic church.
This church was founded in the late 17th century for Augustinian nuns by Giovanni Battista Lambranzini, the same man responsible for the Church of Santa Margherita and the Church of Santa Marta. The church was suppressed by Napoleon in 1810, however the convent quickly reopened and welcomed Canossian nuns in 1863. The church has since been used as a school for training teachers. In the 1990's, Venice in Peril restored the church as it had suffered much water damage.
Structure of Building
The image below depicts the floor plan of Le Romite, including the location of the Church Floor Artifacts.
- ↑ Lorenzetti, Giulio. “Venice and its Lagoon: Historical-Artistic Guide” Edizoni LINT S.R.L. Italy. 1994.
- ↑ Cotton, Jeff. “Churches of Venice” 2012. http://churchesofvenice.co.uk/index.htm