Church of Nome di Gesu
The façade of the church.
|Hours of Operation|
|Cost of Admission|
The Chiesa di S. Nome di Gesu, or Nome di Gesu as it is locally known, was founded in the year 1834 and is a Catholic church.
One of the few neoclassical churches in Venice, another being the Church of San Maurizio in San Marco, this church was constructed in the 19th century. A convent was built to accompany the church shortly thereafter. The church is still standing, though largely forgotten in the shadows of Piazzale Roma.
Structure of Building
There is no bell tower associated with this church.
The image below depicts the floor plan of Nome di Gesu, including the location of the Church Floor Artifacts.
- ↑ Lorenzetti, Giulio. “Venice and its Lagoon: Historical-Artistic Guide” Edizoni LINT S.R.L. Italy. 1994.
- ↑ Cotton, Jeff. “Churches of Venice” 2012. http://churchesofvenice.co.uk/index.htm