Church of San Antonin
The façade of the church.
|Hours of Operation|
|Cost of Admission|
The Chiesa di S. Antonino, or San Antonin as it is locally known, was founded in the year 1680 and is a Catholic church.
San Antonino was originally founded in the 7th century by a wealthy family and dedicated to Saint Anthony Abbot. The monastery used to keep pigs as the pig is the emblem of St. Anthony, and they caused quite a disturbance in the surrounding neighborhood, causing several laws to be passed in order to control the pigs' activities. The church was rebuilt in the mid-17th century, however the façade was never completed. In 1982, the church was closed and deconsecrated.
Structure of Building
- ↑ Lorenzetti, Giulio. “Venice and its Lagoon: Historical-Artistic Guide” Edizoni LINT S.R.L. Italy. 1994.
- ↑ Cotton, Jeff. “Churches of Venice” 2012. http://churchesofvenice.co.uk/index.htm