Church of San Benedetto
The façade of the church.
|Hours of Operation|
|Cost of Admission|
The Chiesa di S. Benedetto, or San Benedetto as it is locally known, was founded in the year 1005 and is a Catholic church.
This church was founded in the 10th century and then given to Benedictine monks in the 11th century. After a fire, in the 12th century, the church was rebuilt and passed to the Cistercians at the request of Pope Gregory IX. It was then repossessed by the first patriarch in the 15th century. A final reconstruction occurred in the 17th century, but unfortunately the church was closed at the beginning of the 20th century.
Structure of Building
- ↑ Lorenzetti, Giulio. “Venice and its Lagoon: Historical-Artistic Guide” Edizoni LINT S.R.L. Italy. 1994.
- ↑ Cotton, Jeff. “Churches of Venice” 2012. http://churchesofvenice.co.uk/index.htm