Church of San Bonaventura
The façade of the church.
|Hours of Operation|
|Cost of Admission|
The Chiesa di S. Bonaventura, or San Bonaventura as it is locally known, was founded in the year 1620 and is a Catholic church.
San Bonaventura was established in 1620 by a Fanciscan order of monks call the Reformati. The monks were originally from the island San Francesco del Deserto in Venice's Lagoon. Both the monastery and church they established were suppressed in the early 19th century. In 1859, the location was bought by a countess who established a convent with a small chapel. The convent served as a children's hospital in the early 20th century.
Structure of Building
The image below depicts the floor plan of San Bonaventura, including the location of the Church Floor Artifacts.
- ↑ Lorenzetti, Giulio. “Venice and its Lagoon: Historical-Artistic Guide” Edizoni LINT S.R.L. Italy. 1994.
- ↑ Cotton, Jeff. “Churches of Venice” 2012. http://churchesofvenice.co.uk/index.htm