Church of San Leonardo
The façade of the church.
|Hours of Operation|
|Cost of Admission|
The Chiesa di S. Leonardo, or San Leonardo as it is locally known, was founded in the year 1025 and is a Catholic church.
Founded in the 11th century, San Leonardo was also the site the first Scuole Grandi. The present building was rebuilt in the late 18th century. A few years later, it was suppressed by Napoleon in 1807 and was then converted to a coal warehouse and is now a community center.
Structure of Building
The image below depicts the floor plan of San Leonardo, including the location of the Church Floor Artifacts.
- ↑ Lorenzetti, Giulio. “Venice and its Lagoon: Historical-Artistic Guide” Edizoni LINT S.R.L. Italy. 1994.
- ↑ Cotton, Jeff. “Churches of Venice” 2012. http://churchesofvenice.co.uk/index.htm