Church of San Luca
The façade of the church.
|Hours of Operation|
|Cost of Admission|
The Chiesa di S. Luca, or San Luca as it is locally known, was founded in the year 1000 and is a Catholic church.
Originally built in the 11th century, the church has since undergone reconstruction in the 16th century. The façade collapsed in the 19th century, causing another round of rebuilding to occur. During this rebuild, the floor was covered up and several tombs and artifacts were lost, including that of Pietro Giovane.
Structure of Building
The image below depicts the floor plan of San Luca, including the location of the Church Floor Artifacts.
- ↑ Lorenzetti, Giulio. “Venice and its Lagoon: Historical-Artistic Guide” Edizoni LINT S.R.L. Italy. 1994.
- ↑ Cotton, Jeff. “Churches of Venice” 2012. http://churchesofvenice.co.uk/index.htm