Church of San Maurizio
The façade of the church.
|Hours of Operation|
|Cost of Admission|
The Chiesa di S. Maurizio, or San Maurizio as it is locally known, was founded in the year 1105 and is a Catholic church.
This church was first constructed in the 9th century but was destroyed and rebuilt following the fire in the 12th century. The present church was built at the turn of the 19th century in the neoclassical style. This rebuild was designed to expand the church so the congregation could replace the demolished Church of San Geminiano.
Structure of Building
There is no bell tower associated with this church.
- ↑ Lorenzetti, Giulio. “Venice and its Lagoon: Historical-Artistic Guide” Edizoni LINT S.R.L. Italy. 1994.
- ↑ Cotton, Jeff. “Churches of Venice” 2012. http://churchesofvenice.co.uk/index.htm