Church of San Pantalon
The façade of the church.
|Hours of Operation|
|Cost of Admission|
The Chiesa di San Pantaleone, or San Pantalon as it is locally known, was founded in the year 1009 and is a Catholic church.
This church was founded in the 12th century and was dedicated to St Pantaleon and St Giuliana, but the name was later shortened to simply San Pantalon. The church was rebuilt and reoriented in the 17th century so that the façade would face the campo, however the façade was never finished.
Structure of Building
The image below depicts the floor plan of San Pantalon, including the location of the Church Floor Artifacts.
- ↑ Lorenzetti, Giulio. “Venice and its Lagoon: Historical-Artistic Guide” Edizoni LINT S.R.L. Italy. 1994.
- ↑ Cotton, Jeff. “Churches of Venice” 2012. http://churchesofvenice.co.uk/index.htm