Church of San Rocco
The façade of the church.
|Hours of Operation|
|Cost of Admission|
The Chiesa di S. Rocco, or San Rocco as it is locally known, was founded in the year 1507 and is a Catholic church.
This church was built in the 15th century and dedicated to the Confraternity of San Rocco. A scuola was also established next door which contains large collections of artwork on both the walls and ceilings. The church was rebuilt in the 18th century for fear of collapse.
Structure of Building
The image below depicts the floor plan of San Rocco, including the location of the Church Floor Artifacts.
- ↑ Lorenzetti, Giulio. “Venice and its Lagoon: Historical-Artistic Guide” Edizoni LINT S.R.L. Italy. 1994.
- ↑ Cotton, Jeff. “Churches of Venice” 2012. http://churchesofvenice.co.uk/index.htm