Church of San Trovaso
The façade of the church.
|Hours of Operation|
|Cost of Admission|
The Chiesa di S. Gervasio e Protasio, or San Trovaso as it is locally known, was founded in the year 1028 and is a Catholic church.
San Trovaso is a combination of two Saints names: Saint Protasio and Saint Gervasio. The first founding date is unknown, but the church was rebuilt in the 12th century and then again in the 16th century. Restoration of the interior occurred in the 19th century. The façades of this church are special as it has two identical façades, to accommodate two feuding families who require separate entrances of equal grandeur.
Structure of Building
The image below depicts the floor plan of San Trovaso, including the location of the Church Floor Artifacts.
- ↑ Lorenzetti, Giulio. “Venice and its Lagoon: Historical-Artistic Guide” Edizoni LINT S.R.L. Italy. 1994.
- ↑ Cotton, Jeff. “Churches of Venice” 2012. http://churchesofvenice.co.uk/index.htm