Church of Sant'Agnese
The façade of the church.
|Hours of Operation|
|Cost of Admission|
The Chiesa di Sant'Agnese, or Sant'Agnese as it is locally known, was founded in the year 1081 and is a Catholic church.
Founded in the 11th century, this church was rebuilt in the 12th century following a fire. Restoration continued in the 18th century before it was suppressed by Napoleon in 1810. It was then used as a warehouse for wood and coal. At the end of the 19th century, the church underwent extensive restoration and reopened as an oratory for the Educational Institute of the Cavanis.
Structure of Building
There is no bell tower associated with this church.
The image below depicts the floor plan of Sant'Agnese, including the location of the Church Floor Artifacts.
- ↑ Lorenzetti, Giulio. “Venice and its Lagoon: Historical-Artistic Guide” Edizoni LINT S.R.L. Italy. 1994.
- ↑ Cotton, Jeff. “Churches of Venice” 2012. http://churchesofvenice.co.uk/index.htm