Church of Sant'Alvise
The façade of the church.
|Hours of Operation|
|Cost of Admission|
The Chiesa di Sant'Alvise, or Sant'Alvise as it is locally known, was founded in the year 1388 and is a Catholic church.
The Church of Sant'Alvise was built in the 14th century at the request of the doge's daughter. She then withdrew to the convent herself along with many other followers form noble Venetian families. The church was restored at the end of the 17th century. In 1807, Napoleon moved nuns from the Church of San Caterina. The façade is a typical Gothic style building and has a painted ceiling.
Structure of Building
The image below depicts the floor plan of Sant'Alvise, including the location of the Church Floor Artifacts.
- ↑ Lorenzetti, Giulio. “Venice and its Lagoon: Historical-Artistic Guide” Edizoni LINT S.R.L. Italy. 1994.
- ↑ Cotton, Jeff. “Churches of Venice” 2012. http://churchesofvenice.co.uk/index.htm