Church of Santa Maria Elisabetta
The façade of the church.
|Hours of Operation|
|Cost of Admission|
The Chiesa di S. Maria Elisabetta, or Santa Maria Elisabetta as it is locally known, was founded in the year 1671 and is a Catholic church.
Santa Maria Elisabetta is the Lido Island's parish church. The building was constructed in the 16th century as an oratory, but was later enlarged and converted into a church, consecrated in 1671. The most recent restoration was conducted in 1970, when nearly the entire interior was resurfaced.
Structure of Building
- ↑ Lorenzetti, Giulio. “Venice and its Lagoon: Historical-Artistic Guide” Edizoni LINT S.R.L. Italy. 1994.
- ↑ Cotton, Jeff. “Churches of Venice” 2012. http://churchesofvenice.co.uk/index.htm