Church of Santa Maria della Visitazione
The façade of the church.
|Hours of Operation|
|Cost of Admission|
The Chiesa di S. Maria della Visitazione, or Santa Maria della Visitazione as it is locally known, was founded in the year 1400 and is a Catholic church.
This church was completed in the 16th century by the Gesuati order. In 1750, a larger Gesuati church was built in the city of Venice and this building was converted to a library. Napoleon suppressed the church in 1810, but it was reopened and restored to a church later in the 19th century. The convent was an orphanage until the 1980's when it was converted to student residences. The church is now a chapel for the Instituto Don Orione.
Structure of Building
The image below depicts the floor plan of Santa Maria della Visitazione, including the location of the Church Floor Artifacts.
- ↑ Lorenzetti, Giulio. “Venice and its Lagoon: Historical-Artistic Guide” Edizoni LINT S.R.L. Italy. 1994.
- ↑ Cotton, Jeff. “Churches of Venice” 2012. http://churchesofvenice.co.uk/index.htm