Church of Santa Marta
The façade of the church.
|Hours of Operation|
|Cost of Admission|
The Chiesa di Santa Marta, or Santa Marta as it is locally known, was founded in the year 1315 and is a Catholic church.
This church was founded in the 14th century along with a Benedictine convent and hospital. The church was rebuilt in the 15th century before being passed to Augustinian nuns. In 1805, the complex was suppressed and the convent knocked down. The church was used as military and railway storage and currently left in partial restoration, but is not open to the public.
Structure of Building
There is no bell tower associated with this church.
- ↑ Lorenzetti, Giulio. “Venice and its Lagoon: Historical-Artistic Guide” Edizoni LINT S.R.L. Italy. 1994.
- ↑ Cotton, Jeff. “Churches of Venice” 2012. http://churchesofvenice.co.uk/index.htm