Church of Spirito Santo
The façade of the church.
|Hours of Operation|
|Cost of Admission|
The Chiesa dello Spirito Santo, or Spirito Santo as it is locally known, was founded in the year 1483 and is a Catholic church.
This Augustinian convent and church were founded in the 15th century. The church was rebuilt in the early 16th century along with the addition of a scuola, or school. During this rebuilding, the orientation of the church was reversed and the current façade was constructed. The complex was suppressed in 1806, but the church and convent reopened a few years later. The school was never reopened, but became a warehouse and is now a private residence.
Structure of Building
There is no bell tower associated with this church.
- ↑ Lorenzetti, Giulio. “Venice and its Lagoon: Historical-Artistic Guide” Edizoni LINT S.R.L. Italy. 1994.
- ↑ Cotton, Jeff. “Churches of Venice” 2012. http://churchesofvenice.co.uk/index.htm