Church of St. Georges Church
The façade of the church.
|Hours of Operation|
|Cost of Admission|
The Chiesa di San Georgio, or St. Georges Church as it is locally known, was founded in the year 1604 and is a Anglican church.
This church is one of the newest in the city of Venice as it was established at the beginning of the 20th century. It was built from the converted warehouse belonging to a Murano Glass company. It was constructed to establish a permanent English church in Venice.
Structure of Building
There is no bell tower associated with this church.
- ↑ Lorenzetti, Giulio. “Venice and its Lagoon: Historical-Artistic Guide” Edizoni LINT S.R.L. Italy. 1994.
- ↑ Cotton, Jeff. “Churches of Venice” 2012. http://churchesofvenice.co.uk/index.htm