|Minimum Height (m)|
Overview of Bridge
The Ponte Cavalli was built primarily using Mattoni, Intonaco e Pietra d'Istria. It crosses the Rio della Madonnetta bridging a gap which is 4.64 meters. The bridge is not a crooked bridge. On the northern side of the bridge is the sestiere of San Polo and on the southern side is also San Polo .There are 2 ramps. On the north side there are 10 steps, on the south side there are 8 steps. This results in a total of 18 steps. The height of a typical step is 12 meters, the thickness of a step is about 46 centimeters, and the width of a step is about 1.78 meters.The steps are paved with Asfalto. The bridge is not handicapped accessible and it does not have an additional railing. The summit is 2.62 meters wide and 2.62 meters in length for a total area of about 6.86 meters. The summit is paved with Asfalto. Also, this bridge has 1 arch. The bridge's Vuoto Decorato railing is made of Metallo and is about 4.00 meters wide is about 0.94 meters tall. Finally, the bridge protrudes 0 meters to the North and 0 meters to the South.
The following is any history we have regarding the bridge's origins:
to S. Polo. He believes the continuation of Berlan these names depend on the patrician family Cavalli. And in true shield of this noble family, where should scorgersi a horse above a band loaded with three stars, might be what is placed above the entrance to the 'Court Horses, \and that, corroded by time, or disfigured Democratic time, not only that the band presents nowadays. Horses, according to Casimiro Freschot (\Li Advantages of Venetian nobility\, etc..) Were ancient feudal lords in Bavaria. In the thirteenth century passed in Milan, where he covered considerable employment at the Visconti, and in the subsequent century in Verona, where Frederick produced a general of the Scala. James the son of the same segnalossi much as military leader of the Venetian army in the war of Chioggia, who deserved to be aggregated with other 29 families to patrician nobility in 1381. Dead in Udine in 1386, was brought to Venice, and had a tomb in the church of SS. Giovanni e Paolo, in which scorgesi well as the sarcophagus of Marino Cavalli who, after many ambassadors honorably supported, ended up living in 1572. The Capellari Vivaro (\Campidoglio Veneto ') numbers of other distinguished this family, not forgetting even, like the good man that he was,\ the son of Louis of Horses Dondadio, Senator of pristine costumes and reported goodness, celebrated dall'Egnatio to live prodigy of continence, why you joined with his wife that in order to generate only and without verun venereal delight, clothes and covered so that they could not with any part of the body touching naked. \ This couple lived virtuous about 1520.\nSome families Cavalli patrician imposed the same name to other streets of the city.
The bridge is located at the following coordinates:
Latitude: 45.4376268° N
Longitude: 12.3307312° E