|Minimum Height (m)|
Overview of Bridge
The Ponte Cavallo was built primarily using Mattoni, Intonaco e Pietra d'Istria. It crosses the Rio dei Mendicanti o de S. Zanipolo bridging a gap which is 11.17 meters. The bridge is not a crooked bridge. On the northern side of the bridge is the sestiere of Cannaregio and on the southern side is Castello .There are 2 ramps. On the north side there are 17 steps, on the south side there are 16 steps. This results in a total of 33 steps. The height of a typical step is 12 meters, the thickness of a step is about 50 centimeters, and the width of a step is about 3.33 meters.The steps are paved with Asfalto. The bridge is not handicapped accessible and it does not have an additional railing. The summit is 3.39 meters wide and 3.36 meters in length for a total area of about 11.39 meters. The summit is paved with Asfalto. Also, this bridge has 1 arch. The bridge's Piena railing is made of Mattoni e Pietra d'Istria and is about 40.00 meters wide is about 0.89 meters tall. Finally, the bridge protrudes 1.9 meters to the North and 0.8 meters to the South.
The following is any history we have regarding the bridge's origins:
to SS. John and Paul. And 'this so-called bridge so that one climbs the steps going to the church of SS. Giovanni e Paolo, soon sees the equestrian statue erected in honor of Bartolammeo Colleoni of Bergamo. It was these for 21 years General of the Venetians, and came to death (an. 1475) in his castle of Malpas, he left most of his heir to the Republic substances with the covenant that he had erected a monument in 'Piazza S. Marco. \ But though this was forbidden by the statutes, it was thought of innalzarglielo the place where you can admire now, that is in \Campo dei SS. John and Paul \in the face of the Scuola Grande di S. Marco. The above monument was modeled by Andrea Verrocchio in Florence, who in 1488 pleaded with the Senate in his will (discovered in Riccardiana Florence) to allow his pupil Lorenzo di Credi lead to his end of the job. The Senate, on the contrary, he entrusted the merger of the giant to Alessandro Leopardi, who discovered to the public March 21, 1496, and its design v'aggiunse the marble pedestal, flanked by six Corinthian columns, and plenty of beautiful ornaments. The monument had a renovations in 1831.\nAbove the door of a house at the \Bridge of the Horse 'for the SS. John and Paul ammirasi a low relief of the '\Annunciation.\ Moschini says he believes this work by Giusto Le Court, although others attribute to Melchior Barthel.\nPart of the \Bridge of the Horse 'fell in 1772 on the occasion of the great crowd gathered all'esequie Grand Chancellor John Colombo, who stepped into the next temple of SS. Gio and Paul.
The bridge is located at the following coordinates:
Latitude: 45.4395648° N
Longitude: 12.3411331° E