|Minimum Height (m)|
Overview of Bridge
The Ponte Correr was built primarily using Mattoni e Pietra d'Istria. It crosses the Rio de la Madalena bridging a gap which is 5.16 meters. The bridge is not a crooked bridge. On the northern side of the bridge is the sestiere of Cannaregio and on the southern side is also Cannaregio .There are 2 ramps. On the north side there are 9 steps, on the south side there are 9 steps. This results in a total of 18 steps. The height of a typical step is 13 meters, the thickness of a step is about 45 centimeters, and the width of a step is about 1.36 meters.The steps are paved with Trachite. The bridge is not handicapped accessible and it does not have an additional railing. The summit is 1.55 meters wide and 2.39 meters in length for a total area of about 3.70 meters. The summit is paved with Trachite. Also, this bridge has 1 arch. The bridge's Vuoto Decorato railing is made of Metallo and is about 2.50 meters wide is about 0.86 meters tall. Finally, the bridge protrudes 0 meters to the North and 0 meters to the South.
The following is any history we have regarding the bridge's origins:
to S. Fosca. From Torcello, on the break of the ninth century, was in Rialto family Correr, or Corraro, listed in 1297 by the Doge Pietro Gradenigo among those He had the hereditary right to belong to the Grand Council. Shone mainly this family for the dignity of the church. A Pietro Correr, who flourished in 1270, was archbishop of Candia, and Patriarch of Constantinople. An Angel, videsi December 1, 1406, raised to the papal throne, under the name of Gregory XII. Beriola of his sister, married to Angelo Condulmer, was the mother of Gabriel, having become pope under the name of Eugenius IV, and the other ava Pope Paul II Barbo. Antonio Correr, nephew of Pope Gregory XIII, died in 1445 in the concept of holy, being cardinal and bishop of Porto, Ostia and Velletri. He instituted the Canons Regular of St. Giorgio in Alga Venice, and in their church was the tomb. Another Antonio, Order of Preachers, was awarded the bishopric of Ceneda in 1406. Gregory, nephew of Cardinal Antonio, was elected bishop of Vicenza in 1459 and then in 1464 moved to the patriarchate of Venice, but died in the same year before taking possession of his new dignity. This happened to another Gregory, designed in 1460 by Pope Pius II to the bishopric of Padua. Finally, Francesco Antonio Correr, after covering all grades of maritime militia, who became Cappuccino, although he remained elected Patriarch of Venice in 1734. They went out of this house also various Procurators of S. Marco, sea captains, Superintendents of Field, and the Rectors of Provinces. Neither wants to be pretermesso that Teodoro Correr, who, dying in 1830 tied to our city a place to his tenement S. John the Beheaded, above the Grand Canal, adorned by a plentiful collection of paintings, statues, printed books, manuscripts, medals etc.., And stared over time istesso good income for the maintenance of these precious objects, constituents, together with other additions, the native Museum. The palace of S. Fosca, which gives its name to the roads for us explained, was in ownership of the Correr only after the mid-seventeenth century. They called themselves the various streets of Venice.
The bridge is located at the following coordinates:
Latitude: 45.44271° N
Longitude: 12.3316782° E