|Minimum Height (m)|
Overview of Bridge
The Ponte Lungo was built primarily using Pietra d'Istria. It crosses the Rio de S. Trovaso bridging a gap which is 13.95 meters. The bridge is not a crooked bridge. On the northern side of the bridge is the sestiere of Dorsoduro and on the southern side is also Dorsoduro .There are 2 ramps. On the north side there are 13 steps, on the south side there are 13 steps. This results in a total of 26 steps. The height of a typical step is 14 meters, the thickness of a step is about 60 centimeters, and the width of a step is about 5.1 meters.The steps are paved with Trachite. The bridge is not handicapped accessible and it does not have an additional railing. The summit is 5.1 meters wide and 4.48 meters in length for a total area of about 22.85 meters. The summit is paved with Trachite. Also, this bridge has 1 arch. The bridge's Vuoto Geometrico railing is made of Metallo e Pietra d'Istria and is about 2.00 meters wide is about 1.09 meters tall. Finally, the bridge protrudes 1.65 meters to the North and 2.1 meters to the South.
The following is any history we have regarding the bridge's origins:
�the Giudecca. This bridge, which is in wood, was thus said to be longer than the other. Fabbricossi in 1340 to join the old to the new Giudecca, this fruit of the sales pitches from San Giovanni down, the one made with the union of the ancient salt marshes to San Biagio. The book \Spiritus\ has the following words: \1340, the sixteenth day Januarii. Quod to petitionem vicinorum utriusque Iudechae, scilicet et novae Veteris, ordinetur fiat quod unus pons quem for possit transiri de Sancta Cruce for totam Iudecham \etc.. And in the index this bridge is called \Pons magnus Iudechae.\ The Caroldo: \In 1340 he statuido to the Long Bridge to Zueca.\ The bridge itself, according to the Chronicle Agostini, was destroyed by a fierce hurricane February 5, 1543 M. See, but after rifabbricossi. Another \Long Bridge\ is on \rafts.\ Above this, Emperor Joseph II, Archduke seize brothers, admired masked the 'fresh', which davasi after lunch on May 25, 1775, Ascension Day, in the Giudecca canal. See 'Report of the arrival in Venice of St. M. I. R. A. Joseph II 'in the' Annals Urbani �Fabio Mutinelli.
The bridge is located at the following coordinates:
Latitude: 45.4296653° N
Longitude: 12.3256164° E