|Minimum Height (m)|
Overview of Bridge
The Ponte Ognissanti was built primarily using Mattoni, Intonaco e Pietra d'Istria. It crosses the Rio del Malpaga bridging a gap which is 6.55 meters. The bridge is not a crooked bridge. On the northern side of the bridge is the sestiere of Dorsoduro and on the southern side is also Dorsoduro .There are 2 ramps. On the north side there are 8 steps, on the south side there are 8 steps. This results in a total of 16 steps. The height of a typical step is 14 meters, the thickness of a step is about 41 centimeters, and the width of a step is about 2.5 meters.The steps are paved with Trachite. The bridge is not handicapped accessible and it does not have an additional railing. The summit is 2.5 meters wide and 3.53 meters in length for a total area of about 8.83 meters. The summit is paved with Trachite. Also, this bridge has 1 arch. The bridge's Vuoto Decorato railing is made of Metallo e Pietra d'Istria and is about 4.00 meters wide is about 0.81 meters tall. Finally, the bridge protrudes 0.35 meters to the North and 0.35 meters to the South.
The following is any history we have regarding the bridge's origins:
. Some Cistercian nuns of S. Margherita di Torcello, abandoned in the middle of the fifteenth century their monastery became dilapidated and unhealthy, they moved to Venice, and in 1472 fabbricarono in this situation a hospice, which added a small church boards dedicated to B. V. and All Saints. In 1505 through dell'elemosine usual to offerirsi to an image of the Virgin possessed by them and estimated miraculous, they could rebuild the church in its present form, and expand the monastery. Snaked also in it the immorality, leggendosi in Sanudo, under the date February 12, 1505 M. V. 'E' to know how these zorni fo discovered the Abbess of All Saints which was fraught with other muneghe a pre 'Francis Persegin, what el fo considered, and cuss went there with great uproar the patriarcha therein, and them Avogadori Francesco Orio , Hieronimo Querini, et Zustignan Dr. Antonio, et Officials with boats around el monastier, et zercorno the truth; fo considered the abbess. \ And 'a uopo believe, however, that the order were soon restored, since in 1518 the patriarch Antonio Contarini, to reform the monastery of St. Biagio e Cataldo on the Giudecca, he chose, as specimens, fourteen nuns of All Saints. Their church was consecrated in July 22, 1586 by Jerome Ragazzoni Bishop of Caorle. In primordii of this century they were concentrated with those of another monastery, and the Capuchin convent destinossi them conceived of the Castle. In 1810, the elimination of all regular communities of both sexes, even the Capuchins had deported the habit, but continued to live in the same room, converting it into the house of female education. Finally in 1820 they were restored in the original condition, and yet they occupy in the education of girls. Even the \Calle dell'Indorador,\ at the \Calle long S. Barnabas, \is described as\ the Saints \because, by means of a bridge, makes this church. The bridge that was destroyed in our time, but afterwards rifabbricossi in 1867.
The bridge is located at the following coordinates:
Latitude: 45.4322356° N
Longitude: 12.3237946° E