|Minimum Height (m)|
Overview of Bridge
The Ponte Priuli was built primarily using Metallo. It crosses the Rio Priuli bridging a gap which is 7.82 meters. The bridge is not a crooked bridge. On the northern side of the bridge is the sestiere of Cannaregio and on the southern side is also Cannaregio .There are 2 ramps. On the north side there are 10 steps, on the south side there are 11 steps. This results in a total of 21 steps. The height of a typical step is 15 meters, the thickness of a step is about 46 centimeters, and the width of a step is about 2.26 meters.The steps are paved with Metallo. The bridge is not handicapped accessible and it does not have an additional railing. The summit is 2.31 meters wide and 2.93 meters in length for a total area of about 6.77 meters. The summit is paved with Asfalto. Also, this bridge has 1 arch. The bridge's Vuoto Decorato railing is made of Metallo and is about 7.00 meters wide is about 0.95 meters tall. Finally, the bridge protrudes 0.24 meters to the North and 0 meters to the South.
The following is any history we have regarding the bridge's origins:
�to S. Happy. A 'foot of this bridge stood the palace Priuli Scarpon, which burned down in 1739. About the fire that destroyed it we read in the \Memoirs\ ms. of Benign: \A March 8, 1739, the fourth Dom.ca of Lent, was the fire in the palace of Ca 'Priuli Scarpon to S. Happy, havendo principiato in the kitchen upstairs, and he has surrounded him with all the great palace worn et incinerated. \ And later: \11 September 1741. And 'fallen and died, a man will in undoing the palace wasteful of ca' Priuli Scarpon to S. Happy. \ Nowadays he can see only the waste into the marble bases, and in the doors, which put the stores and the tenement building over its ruins. This palace, praised by Martinioni, had two sides over the \Rio di S. Happy ', as the coming of other houses, which were received at the Priuli pel marriage, which took place up since 1360, between James and Maria Priuli Foscari, and then remanufactured in the sixteenth century, on one of which, are still a few years, the emblem of the scorgevasi family proprietaria.Vuolsi that an individual of the Priuli family of Hungarian noble blood, came to Venice for important negotiations glue Republic, s'invaghisse of our heaven, and I would lay co stay 'her. They say the news that Priuli were admitted to the M. C. around 1100, but that, being left out in 1297, there were summarized in 1310 for merits which they acquired in the conspiracy of Bajamonte Tiepolo. They imparted the name in various streets of the city, and gave three doges, four cardinals, many bishops, and a long line of distinguished, among which it should be noted that Daniel pacified Triestians with Giustinopolitani, assailed Rhodes, and not a little of the aid money Negroponte was in the war of 1469; Francis, who, in defense of Cyprus, skidded to a large Ottoman army in 1487, and at the time of sale received the kingdom from the hands of Caterina Cornaro, the last that Antonio, the governor of galeazza in 1656, under General Lorenzo Marcello, 'twas found the famous naval conflict against the Turks, witnessed the defeat of the barbarian galleys in Scio, then the great battle in which the general Mocenigo died, and the General Superintendent, contributed to the defense of Candia. A line of Priuli was invested in the county of Sangli Veronese, inherited from Venier.
The bridge is located at the following coordinates:
Latitude: 45.4422398° N
Longitude: 12.3345998° E