|Minimum Height (m)|
Overview of Bridge
The Ponte Querini was built primarily using Mattoni e Pietra d'Istria. Since then the bridge was last restored on 01-Jan-92.It crosses the Rio de S.M. Formosa bridging a gap which is 7.03 meters. The bridge is not a crooked bridge. On the northern side of the bridge is the sestiere of Castello and on the southern side is also Castello .There are 2 ramps. On the north side there are 7 steps, on the south side there are 12 steps. This results in a total of 19 steps. The height of a typical step is 14 meters, the thickness of a step is about 44.5 centimeters, and the width of a step is about 1.03 meters.The steps are paved with Trachite. The bridge is not handicapped accessible and it does not have an additional railing. The summit is 1.96 meters wide and 3.99 meters in length for a total area of about 7.82 meters. The summit is paved with Trachite. Also, this bridge has 1 arch. The bridge's Vuoto Decorato railing is made of Metallo and is about 3.50 meters wide is about 1.02 meters tall. Finally, the bridge protrudes 0 meters to the North and 0 meters to the South.
The following is any history we have regarding the bridge's origins:
�to S. Maria Formosa. From the palace that belonged to the Querini family, namely the branch of it dubbed \Stampalia\ because a \Zuane Querini,\ banished from Venice in 1310 for the conspiracy of Bajamonte Tiepolo, he went to Rhodes, and bought the island of STAMPALIA, which it was' his descendants until 1537, when Barbarossa, captain of the Turks, was reduced in its power all the islands of the Archipelago, except Tine. Up from 1350 we find in the \Genealogie\ of Marco Barbaro a 'Fantin Querini \(who is the son of the aforementioned\ Zuane \\ Mr. Stampalia, \domiciled in the parish of S. Maria Formosa. Querini And three from S. Maria Formosa were among the esteemed 1379. Querini family, who gave his name to other streets of Venice, it follows, if we take care to reporters, Sulpizia by the people of Rome, also called Galbaja, or Galbana, and famous for having produced Galba emperor. It believes that, at the time of the bloody proscriptions of the triumvirs, abandoned Rome to Padua, whence the coming of Attila passed to Torcello, and finally at the Rialto in his early life. ancient tribunes, and the two doges father and son, Maureen and John Galbajo , the second of which was to connect another his son Maurizio, ennobled, as willed, this family. The certain is that many dignitaries came out of the womb of the Church, many judges, and many brave warriors. They are worthy of special mention among Brass latter who fought alongside of Enrico Dandolo in the enterprise of Constantinople, and was in possession of the islands Nixia, Paros and Santorini; Leonardo who distinguished himself against Emperor Frederick II, and in 1238 released Constantinople from the siege; Marco, who was part of the crusade against the tyrant Ezzelino and in 1255 bought the place from the Papozze Tealdin Papozzo, Ferrara, whereupon his descendants were called 'Querini from Papozze' General Nicol� against Ferrara in 1308, Mark, said the \Ca 'Mazor', one of the leaders, and indeed it may be said the main support of the conspiracy of Bajamonte Tiepolo, who in 1310 met his death in 'Piazza San Marco' under the iron Marco Giustiniani, another Mark, called by Capellari \ Captain invincible, et formidable Ottoman scourge of pride, \which was one of the heroes to Curzolari in 1571. And here, seeing that we have touched the wars supported by the Venetians against the Turks, we must pause to weave all the feats that on every occasion came from they operate. shall conclude by making mention of quite another kind of glory, which procured the indicated family, in times less distant from us, Angelo Maria, Cardinal and distinguished scholar. Sanudo in the \Diaries\ beckons oftentimes most of the building Querini Stampalia in S. Maria Formosa, telling how in the January 3, 1525 the company MV della Calza, called Valiant, celebrated a great festival for a wedding with Francesco Querini Mocenigo, as another party was given to you on 27 other company in March 1530, called the Floridi, to honor the Marquis of Monferrato, as a third party will finally took place May 18, 1533, being the company of ladies Agostino Cortesi Querini q. John. At the time of the Provisional Government of Venice , inhabiting the upper floor of this building the Patriarch of Venice Jacopo Monico, and being a rumor that he had raised with various nobles petition for the surrender of the city to the Austrians, incited a crowd invaded August 3, 1849 the him apartment or finding the prelate, devastated the lower level, usually to be inhabited by Count Giovanni Querini Stampalia cagionandogli no small damage. Querini John died May 25, 1869, having first, that on December 11, 1868, in the acts of Notary Daniele Gaspari, made his will, by which the instituted heir Science Foundation, which wanted to establish with the name of \Fondazione Querini Stampalia.\ So the Palazzo Querini at S. Maria Formosa, rich library of choice, paintings, medals and other antiquities , is open nowadays to visitors with special rooms for study, equipped with the best Italian and foreign periodicals. Querini Stampalia The family became extinct in 1886.
The bridge is located at the following coordinates:
Latitude: 45.4364956° N
Longitude: 12.3409284° E