Ponte S. Margherita
|Minimum Height (m)|
Overview of Bridge
The Ponte S. Margherita was built primarily using Mattoni e Pietra d'Istria. It crosses the Rio de Ca' Foscari bridging a gap which is 16.66 meters. The bridge is not a crooked bridge. On the northern side of the bridge is the sestiere of Dorsoduro and on the southern side is also Dorsoduro .There are 2 ramps. On the north side there are 21 steps, on the south side there are 21 steps. This results in a total of 42 steps. The height of a typical step is 10 meters, the thickness of a step is about 40 centimeters, and the width of a step is about 3.72 meters.The steps are paved with Asfalto e Cemento. The bridge is not handicapped accessible and it does not have an additional railing. The summit is 3.72 meters wide and 8.8 meters in length for a total area of about 32.74 meters. The summit is paved with Asfalto. Also, this bridge has 1 arch. The bridge's Vuoto Geometrico railing is made of Metallo e Pietra d'Istria and is about 5.00 meters wide is about 0.87 meters tall. Finally, the bridge protrudes 2.05 meters to the North and 0 meters to the South.
The following is any history we have regarding the bridge's origins:
. The church of S. Margarita was erected by Geniano Busignaco, or Busignaso, Venetian, under the Doge Pietro Tradonico, elected in 836, and was consecrated in 853. Some Bisina fabbricossi near the year 1330 akin to live in cramped cubicle hermit, solitary life, whilst reserving the freedom to move into the night before the Ascension of the Basilica of San Marco to buy the indulgences granted therein on that day. For a small step that could pinzochera go up to the top of the dome of the church of S. Margarita and watch the Uffizi divine. The Sabellico recalls that 'his time this dome was gilded, and supported by four large marble columns Eastern Europe. The church of S. Margarita needed to be renewed at the beginning of the seventeenth century, and in 1647 videsi accomplished. It lasted until 1810 when the parish was closed, which is to profane uses. In 1882 he became Protestant temple. In \Field of S. Margarita \, and precisely where, before the burial of the stream of 'Ca' Canal ', strewn the so-called\ Foundation Scoazzera \existed, as tombstone, a hospice, or hospice for poor founded by Maddalena Scrovegni rich and erudite Padua matron. She was the daughter of Ugolino Scrovegni, born in Padua from Enrico, who founded the church of S. Maria Arena, which then arose from the Rinaldo, located in Dante's Inferno among moneylenders. Maddalena Scrovegni avevasi joined in marriage to Francis Regini, and not with Francesco Manfredi, as conghiettur� the lawyer Antonio Piazza in a letter written to the Stork, and quoted by the latter in the second volume of \Inscriptions.\ It then he did not die in 1439 but rather in 1428, the year it was published about her testament, made in the S. Margherita, where he lived, May 21, 1421.
The bridge is located at the following coordinates:
Latitude: 45.4354055° N
Longitude: 12.3241785° E