|Minimum Height (m)|
Overview of Bridge
The Ponte Zaguri , constructed in 1853, was built primarily using Mattoni e Pietra d'Istria. It crosses the Rio de S. Maurizio e rio Malatin bridging a gap which is 5.92 meters. The bridge is not a crooked bridge. On the northern side of the bridge is the sestiere of San Marco and on the southern side is also San Marco .There are 2 ramps. On the north side there are 8 steps, on the south side there are 7 steps. This results in a total of 15 steps. The height of a typical step is 13 meters, the thickness of a step is about 41 centimeters, and the width of a step is about 3.81 meters.The steps are paved with Trachite. The bridge is not handicapped accessible and it does not have an additional railing. The summit is 3.81 meters wide and 1.96 meters in length for a total area of about 7.47 meters. The summit is paved with Trachite. Also, this bridge has 1 arch. The bridge's Vuoto Decorato railing is made of Metallo and is about 3.50 meters wide is about 0.98 meters tall. Finally, the bridge protrudes 0.05 meters to the North and 0.1 meters to the South.
The following is any history we have regarding the bridge's origins:
to S. Maurizio. Took its name from the Palazzo Corner, known for its magnificence the 'Ca' Granda ', which is at the end of the Foundation, and the Palace Zaguri that is closest to the bridge. It was the first founded by a Bartolammeo Malombra, rich Venetian citizen, who lived in 1450, and that therefore it was called \the Malombra from the beautiful house.\ Thereafter it was bought for 22,000 ducats by George Corner brother of the Queen of Cyprus. But August 16, 1532, while the children were owners of it George, succumbed to severe fire, appiccatosi to some crates of sugar, at which, for effect of dry, overnight tenevasi of burning coal. Marin Sanudo, witness of view, he wrote it 'his \Diaries\ that then remained standing' solum the shore with the columns. \ Shortly after this palace was rebuilt to a design by Sansovino. He suffered another fire in 1817, after which he weds restorations.\nFamily Corner or Cornaro, We said above.\nThe second building, ogival style, was founded in the fourteenth century by the family cittadinesca Pasqualini. This is testified to, as well as by the press, by the noble shield bearing the letter P with three bars subjected, still visible on the fa�ade, and more distinctly over the ring of the shaft in the interior courtyard. This family, coming from Milan, with the accumulated traffic silk cloths of great wealth, and showing passionate pell'Arti Belle, picked up in your home various precious portraits of famous authors, including that of Alvise stood Pasqualini dress in scarlet, and with black hood on his shoulders, painted in 1475 by Antonello da Messina. The palace Pasqualini hosted in 1496 the Prince George Cernovich, private de 'were his by his brother coll'ajuto of the Turks, and of his wife, who was the daughter of Antonio Erizzo. The Pasqualini believed in their property this building until 1521, 13 July, in which Anthony Pasqualini qm Alvise wanted to alienate it for 5400 ducats to Alvise Priuli and brothers, as evidenced by receipts made by Nicol� Pasqualini prosecutor Antonio, February 13, 1527 under M. V. in the acts of Notary Venetian Sebastiano Pilotto. Coupling the year 1565 and the same part of the building was sold by James Priuli, grandson of Alvise, Vincenzo Pellegrini famous jurist, and brother of Marina, wife of Jerome Zaguri, the part which, by testamentary disposition by Pietro Pellegrini, Secretary of the X the son of Vincent, passed later in the family Zaguri.\nThe other part was still owned in 1661 by Girolamo Priuli qm Francis, the genealogist, who lived there, as long as it was also in ownership of Zaguri, which in 1740 could declare to the X Savii over the Tithes to own the whole building.\nThe Zaguri, nobles of Kotor, where once chiamavansi Saracens, having transmigrated in Venice, there were citizens created in 1504, and in 1646 went to the honors of the nobility. Boasted some military money against the Turks, and in recent years the two brothers Antonio Peter I, Peter II and Mark. The first of them, born in 1733 and died in 1806, has cultivated with love studying poetry, but most of those fine arts, and on the drawings of him rifabbricossi the church of S. Mauritius, where he had the tomb. The other, that is, Peter Mark II, an expert in the philosophical and literary subjects, he was hired in 1777 to the bishopric of Ceneda, whence in 1783 he went to Vicenza. After leaving imperishable memory of his virtues, and especially of his charity towards the needy, died in 1810, dying in his family.
The bridge is located at the following coordinates:
Latitude: 45.4327037° N
Longitude: 12.3322814° E