Ponte de l'Arsenal
|Minimum Height (m)|
Overview of Bridge
The Ponte de l'Arsenal was built primarily using Mattoni e Pietra d'Istria. It crosses the Rio de l'Arsenal bridging a gap which is 19.7 meters. The bridge is not a crooked bridge. On the northern side of the bridge is the sestiere of Castello and on the southern side is also Castello .There are 2 ramps. On the north side there are 25 steps, on the south side there are 24 steps. This results in a total of 49 steps. The height of a typical step is 10.5 meters, the thickness of a step is about 45.5 centimeters, and the width of a step is about 8.08 meters.The steps are paved with Asfalto. The bridge is not handicapped accessible and it does not have an additional railing. The summit is 8.41 meters wide and 6.08 meters in length for a total area of about 51.13 meters. The summit is paved with Asfalto. Also, this bridge has 1 arch. The bridge's Vuoto Decorato railing is made of Pietra d'Istria and is about 39.50 meters wide is about 1.04 meters tall. Finally, the bridge protrudes 1.85 meters to the North and 1.4 meters to the South.
The following is any history we have regarding the bridge's origins:
to S. Martin. Some derive the word 'Arsenal' (in Dante 'Arzan�') from 'dammed', ie enclosed by embankments. The Sansovino from \Senatus Marx\ (fortress or stronghold of the Senate). The Ducange from \ars\, which in low Latin means \car.\ The Gallicciolli from \harras\, which among Orientals means \facitura instruments of metalwork.\ The Masons, with more truth than all, by \dock\ a word of Arabic origin, which indicates the place where they manufacture and guard the ships.\nOur Arsenal was founded around 1104, under the doge Ordelafo Falier, but bought the best shape, and was the first addition in 1303, or 1304, when, on the model, as it seems, of Andrea Pisano, there had constructed new sites, as well as the \Tana\ or \House of C�nevo,\ afterwards rebuilt in 1579 by Antonio Da Ponte. He got a second addition in 1325 ('New Arsenal'), a third in 1473 (\Brand New Arsenal '), a fourth shortly before 1539 (\ Allocation of Galeazze \), and a fifth in 1564 (\ Channel of Galeazzo and Bath \). Other additions followed in 1810 coll'aggregamento of the church and monastery of Celestia, then suppressed, and others in 1820 and 1828, although these very little relief. The complex of these distributions is protected by the turreted walls, forming an enclosure of about two geographical miles.\nThe entrance of the Arsenale is closed by a gate, advanced-constructed in 1682, with eight statues surmounting the pillars, which include pagan deities, the works of F. Cabianca and G. Comino, and with four lions around of Pentelic marble, brought to Venice from Attica in 1687, to about Francesco Morosini said Peloponnesiaco. The gate, built in 1460 on the design, as it seems, of Friar Giocondo, coll'insegna of S. Mark the attic, was decorated in 1571 by the figures in high relief to the hips, and in 1578 a statue of St. Justina on top, sculpted by Country in memory of the triumph of the Curzolari. It was then converted in 1688 to almost triumphal arch, with warlike emblems and trophies, in honor of the Peloponnesian.\nOur Arsenal suffered various conflagrations, the most terrible of which was what happened just before the War of Cambrai, almost foreboding of evil overlying then to the Republic. Another succumbed to serious fire in 1569. Not so, says the Berlan at that time such was the prosperity of the Venetian power, which a year later by that same Arsenal came out of the fleet that destroyed the Turkish naval forces in the Gulf of Lepanto.\nThe government of the Arsenal was entrusted to the early days, three patricians called \Superintendents' or 'Patrons Arsenal', to which were added in 1490 by the Senate two individuals of their body, and a third in 1498, with the title \Sopra Superintendents at Arsenal.\ For the tasks entrusted to these two magistrates, and the laws relating to the Arsenale, see mainly the Tentori (\Essay on the History of Civil etc.. Republic of Venice\).\nIn \Field Arsenal� scorgesi a pilot of bronze that supports the standard, and that was cast in 1693 by Gianfrancesco Alberghetti. This field ampliossi in 1797.\nOne of the two decks of wood Arsenal, that is what is closest to the field said, Yea is called \Paradise\, a building that was so entitled, and which, together with the other two \Purgatory\ and \the 'Inferno', prospettanti the \Foundation face Arsenal\ and at one time residence of the \Superintendents 'or' Patrons at Arsenal.\\nEven the \Foundation Arsenal,\ which is to the right of whoever gets to come from the \Riva degli Schiavoni\, he, with his neighbor stream, the other name \Madonna\ by a church dedicated to the Virgin, and demolished in 1809.
The bridge is located at the following coordinates:
Latitude: 45.4326537° N
Longitude: 12.3494466° E