Ponte de la Ca' de Dio

From Venipedia
Jump to: navigation, search
518537d2-9354-d843-1956-b611763681b3-thumb.JPG
Basic Information
Bridge Code
Zucchetta Number
Canal Crossed
Handicapped Accessible?
Length (m)
Width (m)
Minimum Height (m)
Latitude (°)
Longitude (°)
Private
Crooked Bridge?

Overview of Bridge

The Ponte de la Ca' de Dio was built primarily using Mattoni e Pietra d'Istria. It crosses the Rio de la Ca' di Dio bridging a gap which is 11.81 meters. The bridge is not a crooked bridge. On the northern side of the bridge is the sestiere of Castello and on the southern side is also Castello .There are 2 ramps. On the north side there are 12 steps, on the south side there are 12 steps. This results in a total of 24 steps. The height of a typical step is 13.5 meters, the thickness of a step is about 60 centimeters, and the width of a step is about 10.19 meters.The steps are paved with Asfalto. The bridge is not handicapped accessible and it does not have an additional railing. The summit is 10.19 meters wide and 4.69 meters in length for a total area of about 47.79 meters. The summit is paved with Asfalto. Also, this bridge has 1 arch. The bridge's Vuoto Decorato railing is made of Metallo e Pietra d'Istria and is about 6.00 meters wide is about 0.97 meters tall. Finally, the bridge protrudes 0 meters to the North and 1.75 meters to the South.

a59b0232-c39b-37a8-32bf-54bdd7da61b1-small.JPG

History

The following is any history we have regarding the bridge's origins:

on \Riva degli Schiavoni.\ The hospices that ricettavano pilgrims chiamavansi \Houses of God\, a name still live in France. One of these existed in ancient times in Venice, ruled by a Friar Laurence, and although not as we know the situation, yet it is likely to arise in the parish of St. Martino, namely beside the site where the said Friar Laurence, mercy made the donation in 1272 of some stable from May Trevisan furrier, he founded the \House of God\ existing nowadays. Willed that it harbored some friars in 1360 with Genoese sad drawing fire near the Arsenale. After that time the pious place was put under the direction of a prior, no longer a monk, but secular, intended to accommodate not more pilgrims, but some women have fallen into poverty, and is subject to juspatronato Duke. The \House of God\ had a rifabbrica in 1570, and in 1623 had to be hospitalized comandossi that the patrician, or at least belong to the original nationality. The institute, which embraces in its midst a small church with the title of \S. Maria della Ca 'di Dio', which was restored in 1884 still remains open for a good number of women who have housing, medical care and medicines. For extended Ragguagli status and the disciplines of 'Ca' di Dio �view Pier Luigi Bembo,\ Of the Institution of charity in the city and province of Venezia �

Location

The bridge is located at the following coordinates:

Latitude: 45.433472° N

Longitude: 12.348079° E

Personal tools
Namespaces

Variants
Actions
Navigation
Toolbox