Ponte de la Fava
|Minimum Height (m)|
Overview of Bridge
The Ponte de la Fava was built primarily using Mattoni e Pietra d'Istria. It crosses the Rio de la Fava bridging a gap which is 9.07 meters. The bridge is not a crooked bridge. On the northern side of the bridge is the sestiere of San Marco and on the southern side is Castello .There are 2 ramps. On the north side there are 12 steps, on the south side there are 14 steps. This results in a total of 26 steps. The height of a typical step is 13 meters, the thickness of a step is about 45 centimeters, and the width of a step is about 1.6 meters.The steps are paved with Trachite. The bridge is not handicapped accessible and it does not have an additional railing. The summit is 4 meters wide and 3.92 meters in length for a total area of about 15.68 meters. The summit is paved with Asfalto. Also, this bridge has 1 arch. The bridge's Vuoto Decorato railing is made of Metallo and is about 4.00 meters wide is about 0.97 meters tall. Finally, the bridge protrudes 1 meter to the North and 1.05 meters to the South.
The following is any history we have regarding the bridge's origins:
As appears from an authentic document, which we discovered in the papers of the family at the Correr Civic Museum, existed in the parish of St. Lion, \vulgo S. Lio, \in the fifteenth century, hanging on the wall of ca 'Sweet (and not of ca' Amadi, as he wrote the Corner image of MV considered miraculous. In 1496 (and not 1480 merit of some parishioners, they bought it from sweet two houses to erect above the bottom of a small church where you can place the sacred image. chiamossi This church of St. Mary of Consolation, or \della Fava\, to be next to the \Ponte delle Fave,\ or \the Fava.\ They tell the ecclesiastical writers so that you said this bridge, because a man, there domiciled, having hidden some salt smuggling in a few bags of stone, of what was legume shopkeeper, and being notified of the arrival of policemen, threw himself at the feet of relief for above miraculous image, and obtained grace in which justice, in spite of the research done, he does not find himself in a house that pure fava.Alcuni instead they want at this bridge there was a shop where they sold those pills that are preparing pel Day dead, and that appellansi beans. use in that day to prepare these tablets had the following origin. Imagining the kind of reading in the Flower Petal stone funeral a few letters, and believing that the souls of the dead Yea trasmigrassero in fava , fed on them in the funeral banquet, and offered to the Manes in the festivities Lemurie, gettandosele for ritual behind (\Ovid, Fasti, Lib. V.\ Our fathers believed this superstition., too, to November 2 eating fava , and a large quantity dispensed convents it to the poor, and the gondoliers ferry in prize served; that, during the year, lent themselves to religious free by passing from one to the other side of the city. Since then this food could not very pleasing to the palate of the rich, with the passage of time, they have way change the nature, and was converted in the aforementioned greedy pads, but it retained the original name. finally Others, including the Code of 2929 Collection Stork, say the ' Ponte della Fava, \for it and the nearby streets, derived its name from the family and Francesco Fava Fava,\ Spezier \from Ferrara, who is domiciled in the parish of St. Saviour, in 1306 he obtained Venetian citizenship. Nicholas And a Fava S . Savior was in 1345 Carit�.Comunque any of the brother of the school, the church dedicated to St. Mary of Consolation, which was once on the banks of the canal, he remained until 1662 under the administration of various agents, and then gave in care the fathers of St. Philip Blacks. Except in the beginning of the eighteenth century was landed, and in its place he built a little deeper into why it should be a square front, the church on the design of Antonio Gaspari, and Francesco Fossati, Yea dilating the house of their fathers. These were suppressed at the time of Napoleon, and then restored in the facade of the church had a 1821.La renovations in 1884.
The bridge is located at the following coordinates:
Latitude: 45.4370672° N
Longitude: 12.3375921° E