Ponte de la Frescada
|Minimum Height (m)|
Overview of Bridge
The Ponte de la Frescada was built primarily using Mattoni e Pietra d'Istria. It crosses the Rio de la Frescada bridging a gap which is 6.81 meters. The bridge is not a crooked bridge. On the northern side of the bridge is the sestiere of San Polo and on the southern side is Dorsoduro .There are 2 ramps. On the north side there are 8 steps, on the south side there are 8 steps. This results in a total of 2 steps. The height of a typical step is 14 meters, the thickness of a step is about 45 centimeters, and the width of a step is about 1.06 meters.The steps are paved with Trachite. The bridge is not handicapped accessible and it does not have an additional railing. The summit is 0.92 meters wide and 2.61 meters in length for a total area of about 2.40 meters. The summit is paved with Trachite. Also, this bridge has 1 arch. The bridge's Piena railing is made of Mattoni, Intonaco e Pietra d'Istria and is about 28.00 meters wide is about 0.94 meters tall. Finally, the bridge protrudes 1.8 meters to the North and 0 meters to the South.
The following is any history we have regarding the bridge's origins:
�to \S. Toma. \ A twisted Dezan, and the continuation of Berlan believe \Frescada 'corruption' Frascata,\ and they want the name originated from branches or leaves, which verdure time in the next vineyard of 'S. Toma. \ The name derives (note the Code as 722, Class VII of Marciana, and the patrician family Pivoto From Frescada, coming from Istria, or by Contradas, which went extinct, according to most of the reporters, in a Nicholas the which in 1342 was one of the electors of Doge Andrea Dandolo, and also lived in 1379. remember the Barbarian (\Family Trees\ collection Stork that this family had a palace, where he lived, in the parish of St. Pantaleon, who, after the extinction of her, went into a branch of the Corner, also therefore nicknamed From Frescada. The building that is to ogival style, which is located in the bottom of the \Foundation Frescada,\ and that the \Calle della Frescada\ is lined, location not far from the church of \S. Toma\, but subject in the past, as now, the parish of St. Pantaleon. It was later owned by Loredan, and then by Foscarini-Garzoni. seems then that the family From Frescada had other houses in the vicinity, since the Curti in his \Brief History of Noble Families\ (Col. VII, codes 202, 203 of Marciana, says Marco Dalla Frescada, \dying childless, in his will he ordered, sold the its houses were in the contours of the church of St. Thomas Ap., with all his other possessions, et belongings from Proc St. Mark de Ultra, its commissioners, the proceeds were used in the building of a hospitable to them poor, to which was fulfilled with the erection of what is in the contours of the church of S. Vito, in a stream named the White Stones. \This is consistent with another ancient chronicle, quoted by Gallicciolli. Avvertasi, however, that the true date From Marco's will Frescada is the year 1320, as you can read on the door of the hospitable, or hospice, still subsisting in S. Vito, at the arrival of the \Piere White,\ now the \Torreselle.\ And that servant an adjustment to the chronicles mentioned, the fact that pose as occurred somewhat earlier.
The bridge is located at the following coordinates:
Latitude: 45.4354587° N
Longitude: 12.3270531° E