Ponte de la Guerra
|Minimum Height (m)|
Overview of Bridge
The Ponte de la Guerra was built primarily using Mattoni, Intonaco e Pietra d'Istria. It crosses the Rio de S. Zulian bridging a gap which is 8.78 meters. The bridge is not a crooked bridge. On the northern side of the bridge is the sestiere of Castello and on the southern side is San Marco .There are 2 ramps. On the north side there are 10 steps, on the south side there are 14 steps. This results in a total of 24 steps. The height of a typical step is 13 meters, the thickness of a step is about 45 centimeters, and the width of a step is about 2.31 meters.The steps are paved with Trachite. The bridge is not handicapped accessible and it does not have an additional railing. The summit is 2.83 meters wide and 3.53 meters in length for a total area of about 9.99 meters. The summit is paved with Trachite. Also, this bridge has 1 arch. The bridge's Vuoto Decorato railing is made of Metallo and is about 3.50 meters wide is about 0.93 meters tall. Finally, the bridge protrudes 0.3 meters to the North and 1 meter to the South.
The following is any history we have regarding the bridge's origins:
�to S. Giuliano. The Dezan and derived the name Berlan want these sites to be a fight that would support a column of conspirators Bajamonte Tiepolo after defeating them touched in \Piazza di S. Marco. \ See Remer (Campiello. Yet it is certain that in stead have originated the name that the wars of the canes and sticks, fists and afterwards, that you were here. See Pugni (Bridge of. And it should first be noted that many stretch bridges of Venice, who were shad in these fights, They called themselves \War\, so in the \Help\ Coronelli we find the \Ponte della Guerra\ within the Giudecca Canal, the \Ponte della Guerra\ in St. Martial, the \ Bridge of War 'in S. Fosca, and the \Bridge War\ to St. Barnabas, the last two of which still retain the footsteps imprinted pei wrestlers. Turning now to speak particularly of the \Ponte della Guerra\ in San Giuliano, Sanudo remembers that 29 December 1509 is prohibited \batagiole\ on the \Bridge of St. Julian.\ In 2078 we read code Stork under the year 1546: \Above the Ponte della Guerra, a San Zulian made their fists.\ And we finally have a booklet stamped in Venice \Salizzada S. Moise\ in the same year in 1546 with the title: \Four of the songs in the Eighth Rima Battles and Battagliuole made above them Bridges of Venice in S. Zulian, St. Barnabas, Crocecchieri, and S.Marcuola. \Even the 'Sottoportico War' in S. Sofia took the appellation mentioned by the fighting, used to stand over the next bridge called in the past\ Bridge of the War of the Grass Field \, then\ Bridge War or Priuli, \and now\ Ponte Priuli \only (Code Stork 620. Here we note in passing that the old palace overlooking the\ Sottoportico War 'in Santa Sofia, belonged to the patrician family Benedetti, as you can see the coat of arms carved on a diamond pattern facade, and on one side of the factory, as well as the Topographic plan of Venice, along with the \Help\ Coronelli, where the adjacent bridge, now destroyed, is called the Benedetti., this palace is mortally wounded by robbers, ceased to live in 1658 Vincenzo q. Pietro Benedetti, dying in him famiglia.Quanto the \Rio della Guerra\ in Castello, at the Virgins, it, according to the same Dezan and Berlan, remind one of those fights that took place between the Caloprini fairs and Morosini. really tells the story of that kind at the time of Doge Pietro Tribune, on account of women, a great enmity between these two families, Caloprini wounded to death in 'Field of S. Pietro di Castello �Domenico Morosini, and a' other time four Morosini killed three Caloprini while they were in the boat. But nothing definite can be said on the subject, and indeed others believe that the \Rio della Guerra� next, as it lies, the 'Dock' of Brand New Arsenal ' , abbiasi entitled by canals from the war, which were built in the yards there places.
The bridge is located at the following coordinates:
Latitude: 45.4362585° N
Longitude: 12.3392541° E