Ponte de la Madona
|Minimum Height (m)|
Overview of Bridge
The Ponte de la Madona was built primarily using Legno. It crosses the Rio del Tentor bridging a gap which is 12.35 meters. The bridge is not a crooked bridge. On the northern side of the bridge is the sestiere of Dorsoduro and on the southern side is also Dorsoduro .There are 2 ramps. On the north side there are 9 steps, on the south side there are 12 steps. This results in a total of 21 steps. The height of a typical step is 15 meters, the thickness of a step is about 38 centimeters, and the width of a step is about 1.85 meters.The steps are paved with Legno. The bridge is not handicapped accessible and it does not have an additional railing. The summit is 1.85 meters wide and 6.85 meters in length for a total area of about 12.67 meters. The summit is paved with Legno. Also, this bridge has 3 arches. The bridge's Vuoto Geometrico railing is made of Legno and is about 13.00 meters wide is about 0.92 meters tall. Finally, the bridge protrudes 3.1 meters to the North and 3.6 meters to the South.
The following is any history we have regarding the bridge's origins:
. Marco Tiberio da Parma, general of the Humiliated, erected about half of the fourteenth century, a church dedicated to St. Christopher with the adjacent convent. This church was later known as the Madonna of the Garden, or St. Maria odorifera, avendosi placed in it in 1377, an image of B. V. who was in a neighboring orchard. Threatening to fall in 1399, the M. C. awarded 200 gold ducats for rifabbricarla. The shameful vices to which s'abbandonarono in the fifteenth century forced the Humiliated, on request of the Government, Pope Pius II to expel them from their convent, and surrogarvi the Congregation of secular canons of St. Giorgio in Alga. Entrovvi this in 1462, and was confirmed in possession of the year 1473. He planned to rebuild the convent and the church, which we see today. And 'likely, however, that at that time you would leave intact the old facade, built by Tiberio da Parma. The secular canons were suppressed in 1668, and the convent of Our Lady of the Garden he bought in 1669 by the Congregation of the Cistercian monks, known as Lombardy, who lived in the monastery of St. ruinous Antonio di Torcello. But then, in 1787, also dismissed the Cistercians, the church came under the patronage of the public, setting uffiziarla to a rector and some priests. In 1810 it was declared oratory of S. Martial, and in 1841 the Austrian government ordered them at his own expense a general renovations, but to which, if we except the work of the facade, operated in 1845, they did not give in 1855. After that time the church cedevasi the military, which made storage of straw, so you catch it again only in 1864 the renovations, which ended in 1869. For some years it was made to replace the parish church of St. Marziale.Alla Our Lady of the Good lived Bartholomew, the architect of the so-called \Porta della Carta\ in the Palazzo Ducale. We find in fact referred to as' master Bortolo tajapiera to Our Lady of the Garden. \ He was the son of John q. Bertuccio, whom he tested John March 25, 1442 in acts Tomaso Pavoni, ordering tomb \ante introitum ecclesiae S. Mariae ab horto, sive S. Christophori. \On the 'Foundation Lady of the Garden,\ in the Palazzo Bartolini, a fierce fire broke out Aug. 28, 1738. This palace was formed by the family Gerardi-Zecchini hill houses bought by Roberti in 1581, belonged then to Muti, and the Hospital of the Beggars, and finally to the Bartolini. Here lived Horace Bartolini, who was elected Grand Chancellor May 7, 1746. On the same ground scorgesi the palace Patarol, inherited in the past century by Rizzo, the memory of which also existed in more ancient times this location in the \Sottoportico,\ and \Sottoportico According to Rizzo,\ now disappeared. The Rizzo, who had grave in the church of Our Lady of the Garden, were ascribed to the nobility of Padua in 1689, and embellished in 1781 by the Republic of title of count. They died out in 1833. The garden attached to their building of Our Lady of the Garden was visited in 1815 by Emperor Francis I of Austria, and Lazzari Costantini, successive proprietors of vague adornossi cave meets the Lagoon.
The bridge is located at the following coordinates:
Latitude: 45.4346773° N
Longitude: 12.3173333° E