Ponte de la Tana
|Minimum Height (m)|
Overview of Bridge
The Ponte de la Tana was built primarily using Metallo. It crosses the Rio de la Tana bridging a gap which is 12.94 meters. The bridge is not a crooked bridge. On the northern side of the bridge is the sestiere of Castello and on the southern side is also Castello .There are 2 ramps. On the north side there are 8 steps, on the south side there are 12 steps. This results in a total of 20 steps. The height of a typical step is 13.5 meters, the thickness of a step is about 45 centimeters, and the width of a step is about 1.75 meters.The steps are paved with Asfalto. The bridge is not handicapped accessible and it does not have an additional railing. The summit is 2 meters wide and 6.8 meters in length for a total area of about 13.60 meters. The summit is paved with Asfalto. Also, this bridge has 1 arch. The bridge's Vuoto Geometrico railing is made of Metallo and is about 4.00 meters wide is about 0.94 meters tall. Finally, the bridge protrudes 0 meters to the North and 0.7 meters to the South.
The following is any history we have regarding the bridge's origins:
�Arsenal. The Tana-constructed in 1303, or 1304, and renewed in 1579 by the architect Da Ponte, as well as workshop Arsenal, was the emporium canape of public and private membership. Here, you made the best choice, you put up a sheltered the hawsers, and other thick ropes for the service of the canals of war and commerce, no one was allowed to form them elsewhere, especially when exceeding a certain thickness. This room chiamossi Tana, according to the Gallicciolli, from the name of a marsh dried to form it, but, according to Algarotti, from Tana town set on the banks of the river Tanais, now Don, whence the canape traevasi by the Venetians, and where up in 1281 possessed vast warehouses and other commercial establishments, who succumbed afterwards to destruction and conflagrations in 1410. It had the entrance, now blocked, in \Campo della Tana,\ while not internally communicated with the rest of the arsenal through a small door in handy to pass sarchie (\seamstresses,\ which are named in a decree the Senate August 21, 1539. Tana At a presiding magistrate composed of three patricians, which formerly bore the title of \officers of the House of C�nevo,\ and afterwards of \Visdomini the Burrow,\ and that in \Campo della Tana\ had their Inquisition in that building over which scorgesi year 1589 neck coat of arms of the Doge Pasquale Cicogna since then, and over which had to exist as well, as is easily seen, the image of the Lion of St. Mark, now chiselled, but nevertheless visible on next pit between the arms Badoer, Bembo and Erizzo, in memory of the three Visdomini erector thereof. The \Conzac�nevi\ (hairdressers canape of Tana devout sovvegno gathered in the church of San Biagio, at the altar of Our Lady of Seven Sorrows, under the patronage of the SS. Croce. Even the \Filac�nevi\ of Tana gathered at one time, under the patronage of San Bernardino, San Biagio church, but afterwards in 1488 carried the school in St. John's church in Bragora.
The bridge is located at the following coordinates:
Latitude: 45.4329477° N
Longitude: 12.3522092° E