Ponte dei Frari
|Minimum Height (m)|
Overview of Bridge
The Ponte dei Frari was built primarily using Mattoni e Pietra d'Istria. It crosses the Rio dei Frari bridging a gap which is 8.74 meters. The bridge is not a crooked bridge. On the northern side of the bridge is the sestiere of San Polo and on the southern side is also San Polo .There are 2 ramps. On the north side there are 6 steps, on the south side there are 7 steps. This results in a total of 13 steps. The height of a typical step is 14 meters, the thickness of a step is about 50 centimeters, and the width of a step is about 7.85 meters.The steps are paved with Trachite. The bridge is not handicapped accessible and it does not have an additional railing. The summit is 7.88 meters wide and 3.39 meters in length for a total area of about 26.71 meters. The summit is paved with Trachite. Also, this bridge has 1 arch. The bridge's Vuoto Decorato railing is made of Pietra d'Istria and is about 18.00 meters wide is about 0.94 meters tall. Finally, the bridge protrudes 0.2 meters to the North and 0.2 meters to the South.
The following is any history we have regarding the bridge's origins:
. Up from 1227, a year after the death of S. Francis, had arrived in Venice some of 'his most fervent followers. Here they lived on charity, spent their days working under the vestibule of the churches, particularly S. Lorenzo, and S. Sylvester. The government gave them to dwell in an old and abandoned abbey of Benedictine monks, dedicated to the Virgin Mary, and on the border of the two parishes of \S. Toma \(St. Thomas, and\ S. Stin \(S. Stefanini, or St. Stephen's confessor. Fathers flared on several occasions the convent with the legacies of the faithful, and after 1250, on the design of Nicholas of Pisa, gave hand the erection of a magnificent temple dedicated to S. Maria Gloriosa, and said afterwards of the \Frari\ corruption as \brothers,\ for the numerous religious family that uffiziava. This temple had the facade once at noon, and reached glue up large chapel over the canal. seems that were rebuilt, as seen in the present, in the fifteenth century, and it is certain that he consecration in 1492 at the hands of Bishop Pietro da Trani Telesino. The bell tower was founded in 1361 by Jacopo Celega, conducted and completed in 1396 by Pietro Paolo son of him. Vasto is the convent, which after the fire of 1369, in which perished the blessed Dearest from Chioggia, was renewed, and who was later decorated with two cloisters, l ' one of Palladio, the other by Sansovino. flourished in it many famous men, including Francesco Dalla Rovere, afterwards Pope Sixtus IV, and Felice Peretti, afterwards Sixtus V. Yea I lived in the fourteenth century the Inquisition. All ' time of the suppression of religious orders, the church of Santa Maria Gloriosa dei Frari became the seat of a parish formed circondarii with those of St. Thomas, and St. Stephen's confessor, then suppressed, and other bordering districts, and the convent, together with the church and convent of St. Nicholas of lettuce, and the School of St. Anthony, was converted in 1815 in Archive, to use what you pay tuttora.Il \Ponte dei Frari\ was manufactured for the first time, at the expense of Fathers, by virtue of the grant and the Great Council October 10, 1428, in replacement of another bridge nearby, already made sagging from age, it speaks of a document coll'anno 1382. In our time it was rebuilt. Fathers wanted the \Ponte dei Frari\ was a place of immunity pei criminals, saying that dovevasi regarded as sacred, because at one time \the church of Frari was there, et granda was there the chapel, which is now voltada.\ See Sanudo, \Diarii �, Vol XL, p. 29.
The bridge is located at the following coordinates:
Latitude: 45.4372514° N
Longitude: 12.3271879° E