Ponte dei Frati

From Venipedia
Jump to: navigation, search
Basic Information
Bridge Code
Zucchetta Number
Canal Crossed
Handicapped Accessible?
Length (m)
Width (m)
Minimum Height (m)
Latitude (°)
Longitude (°)
Crooked Bridge?

Overview of Bridge

The Ponte dei Frati , constructed in 1876, was built primarily using Mattoni e Pietra d'Istria. Since then the bridge was last restored on 01-Jan-92.It crosses the Rio de S. Anzolo bridging a gap which is 6.64 meters. The bridge is not a crooked bridge. On the northern side of the bridge is the sestiere of San Marco and on the southern side is also San Marco .There are 2 ramps. On the north side there are 8 steps, on the south side there are 12 steps. This results in a total of 20 steps. The height of a typical step is 12 meters, the thickness of a step is about 47 centimeters, and the width of a step is about 3.25 meters.The steps are paved with Trachite. The bridge is not handicapped accessible and it does not have an additional railing. The summit is 14.18 meters wide and 5.9 meters in length for a total area of about 83.66 meters. The summit is paved with Trachite. Also, this bridge has 1 arch. The bridge's Vuoto Decorato railing is made of Metallo and is about 4.00 meters wide is about 1.11 meters tall. Finally, the bridge protrudes 0 meters to the North and 0 meters to the South.



The following is any history we have regarding the bridge's origins:

�to S. Angelo. From next former Augustinian convent of S. Stephen the Martyr. It seems that the friars of S. Stefano have erected this bridge in 1455, as the record of the Savina says that in the year that they \did make a bridge de piera, et a door that goes over el rio, et goes in her convent.\ Truly style of the fifteenth century is the door, which archivolt scorgesi a high relief set S. Augustine among the monks of his order, which hold out prayers. Appiedi of this bridge is a plaque affixed to the wall, you know how you brought here, which reminds the indulgences that lucravano where it helped with the charity hospital of Mercy, founded by the Franciscan Pietro d'Assisi, also known as 'between' the Pieruzzo pity. \La\ Calle dei Frati \in S. Stefano was enlarged in 1884.


The bridge is located at the following coordinates:

Latitude: 45.4341591° N

Longitude: 12.3315451° E

Personal tools