Ponte dei Miracoli
|Minimum Height (m)|
Overview of Bridge
The Ponte dei Miracoli was built primarily using Mattoni e Pietra d'Istria. Since then the bridge was last restored on 01-Jan-92.It crosses the Rio dei Miracoli bridging a gap which is 4.52 meters. The bridge is not a crooked bridge. On the northern side of the bridge is the sestiere of Cannaregio and on the southern side is also Cannaregio .There are 2 ramps. On the north side there are 11 steps, on the south side there are 11 steps. This results in a total of 22 steps. The height of a typical step is 12 meters, the thickness of a step is about 43 centimeters, and the width of a step is about 1.48 meters.The steps are paved with Trachite. The bridge is not handicapped accessible and it does not have an additional railing. The summit is 7.32 meters wide and 6.4 meters in length for a total area of about 46.85 meters. The summit is paved with Trachite. Also, this bridge has 1 arch. The bridge's Piena railing is made of Mattoni e Pietra d'Istria and is about 29.00 meters wide is about 0.92 meters tall. Finally, the bridge protrudes 0 meters to the North and 0 meters to the South.
The following is any history we have regarding the bridge's origins:
. A Francesco Amadi, a resident in the district of S. Marina, had hung for devotion at his home, and properly at the entrance of a place that was called the \New Court\, an image of the Blessed Virgin, whom he had this reputation for prodigious as to induce in 1480 a grandson of him , by name Angel, to transport her into the \Court of Ca 'Amadi,\ and build a chapel of boards in order to expose it to public veneration. In the same year the rector of St. Marina, Marco Cup, threw the fundamentals, with the assistance of the Amadi, and of other families, of a noble temple, which he did in 1488, and which placed the sacred image, founding Yea near a convent of Franciscan nuns. Ignorasi who has given the design of the temple, Peter Lombard because it was, for what it says, the only performer, adding, however, his main chapel and the adjoining convent. The Malipiero, it 'his' Annals Veneti, \he says in the following words, in the year 1480 and the origin of these edifices:\ This year has COMENZA the devotion of M. of Miracles, which was at the door of the New Court, opposite the houses of Amai, in the narrow calle, el and the competition is zente is necessary to get rid of my imagine, and take it to court de cha Amai, et is being done of great offers de waxes, statues, coins, et arzenti, insomuch that if he is around 400 ducats per month, and those of the Contra has sie Create prosecutors, and among other Lunardo Loredan Procurator. And in process of time it is assun� 3000 ducats alms, and with them is going to buy the Corte Nova Bembo cha, cha by Querini, and cha Baroci, and there is no factory is a beautiful temple with a monastery, and inside is being put women muneghe de S. Chiara de Muran. \ The Temple of S. Maria dei Miracoli in 1810 oratory became dependent on the church of St. Canciano, and closed today on account of renovations, is currently for unfolding, after various years, the cult divino.Dopo the suppression of the nuns, the convent was reduced to private homes. They tell the \Diaries\ of Sanudo: \This morning,\ (January 27, 1515 MV 'Hussite fuora of the chiesia of Santa Maria di Miracoli a beautiful maridata, nomata Zon Samaritan woman, the wife of Zuan Fran.co Benedeto popular, et hessendo of the montar boat to shore, et caxa to go, it was a mask sented above the shore, which the sight of one of them dete fuseto, and el Tajo them to face up to the Ocio bocha, so that gives fingers will hurt. Di this fo great mormoration in the earth, adeo, meaning the prince and rule, terminono give taja in Consejo X. \Of this crime he was accused Cardin Capodivacca, Padua, and therefore placed in prison on the 29th next. But in February 2 was released as innocent, and cited in its stead the UN Pietro Tiepolo q. Paolo, who, which became in default, was announced on the 24th day of the same mese.Il Supplement January 28, 1622 at the \Journal of the things of the World\ and so on. (Code Stork 983 does the following recollection: \Gier evening lit fire accidentally in the house models CL.MI Badoeri to Our Lady of Miracles, et penetrated somewhat because in the monastery of those monic, these were saved in the church since it was extinguished the fire, which did little harm. \Al\ Bridge of Miracles' workshop in 1713 had a \caregheta\ (maker of chairs, or \caregiver\ who was holding for journeyman Antonio codons, aged 16, born at \Caloneghe\ of Belluno. latter having been woken up one morning by the servant of his master perhaps earlier than usual, he told a sea of ??insults, in punishment of which, after a good hiding, he was fired From service. therefore Eager to take revenge with the maid, and against the master , waited for the poor remained alone in the house if she threw him, and killed him, appropriating some items of silverware. Arrived to the noise the neighbors and the policemen, he was taken the fierce boy, and condemned to the gallows. Here occurred a strange accident. Apprestavansi July 3, 1713 in \Piazzetta di San Marco,\ between the two columns, the instruments of the extreme torture, when the barcajuoli the next ferry to the executioner did observe that the loop was too long to answer these: 'If I have to do it for you, farollo in your own way. \He arrived meanwhile the offender, and the executioner ponevasi work, but the snare really exceeded in length, whereupon the patient before he died, he had extended to the long piece proprii torments . To this view of the boatmen began to riot, and the executioner struck, born this scuffle that, as evidenced by the 1596 Code, Class VII of Marciana, \a lot of people went into the water, a lot of stuff was lost, and many people in the fall stroppiate ground one above the other, and many died of it drowned, which was really a great massacre of the people. \In\ Calle dei Miracoli \, Zacco in the palace, he sang in 1698, for twenty-six evenings a musical drama, titled\ Fake Esau, \with libretto by Giuseppe Fanelli, and music by D. Antonio Pods.
The bridge is located at the following coordinates:
Latitude: 45.4393246° N
Longitude: 12.3389887° E